Hey. My name is Garrett and I greatly wish to attend Johns Hopkins...probably since I was a 6th grader. Yeah I'm a freak about it. I just had a few questions for you guys.
1. I wish to go in for Biology and Biopysics. But seeing how they are both majors, can you double up on them?
A. Is it a challenging school? (I wish it would be because I want to work hard).
B. Is the Bio Department good?
3. What's the typical scedual for a Bio Major?
does jhu allow supplemental material to be sent with the undergrad app? if so, what are the rules/requirements? i looked on the site and on the paper app, but i couldn't find any information :[
Hey, guys, I just finished my hopkins essays (wohoo) for RD... now just 7 schools to go. :/
Anyway, I have a few questions about the Johns Hopkins University, since unfortunately I haven't gotten the chance to visit yet.
1. I've sort of been spoiled by the safety of Boston suburbs, and am probably young, innocent, and oh-so naive... how do I "survive" in Baltimore, since it's supposedly "ghetto". In other words, how do I keep my young female body away from danger? Should I buy some pepper spray? Or do people exaggerate about the dangers of this city?
2. So, the food is "bad".. now what does that mean? Bad like, "eew, there are maggots crawling in my soup" bad, hepatitis-B bad, or just not that good? There's a difference between the three.
3. Why do people dislike the dorms, and are those lovely student-owned apartments more expensive, or are they just hard to get? Money is sort of an issue for me and my family.
4. Cornell (one of my other favorite schools) seems to have REALLY hard courses and serious grade deflation. Are Hopkins courses easier, or do students only survive because there are no gorges they can throw themselves from?
5. Finally, scholarships... how good are they? Is 1400 the SAT cut-off or is 1380 enough to get a good deal?
Any other comments? Favorite thing about this place? Cool places to hang, cool professors, etc? Thanks.
I'd hate to be a bother to anyone, but I'm curious about Johns Hopkins.
Alright, my main issue with college applications: I have too many interests. While I hope to focus on geology, or possibly astrophysics, I do have a knack for piano and studio art in general. Could anyone tell me if I'd be able to pursue some sort of science degree as well as a degree in art and/or music performance/composition? I'd really hate to give anything up.
I'd also like to know how Johns Hopkins is with transfer credit, which, if I decide to start at a different school, would most likely be out of the SUNY system. I was considering getting an associate degree first, primarily to sort out my desires in life, but if it would be a waste then I'd like to know.
I have questions?
What are the requirements to get into Johns Hopkins?
Does it have a good English Program?
I want to double major in psych and English, I s that possible?
Is it a hard school?
What kind of finiacial aid does it offer?
Sorry for so many questions, i emailed the adminstrator but never got an answer can anyone help me?
ps. Is there ajapanese language program as well?
Hi! I'm going to be starting my MS program at JHU in the spring. I already live and work in the Baltimore area but don't know any other students. Looking forward to meeting some of you, hopefully!
Hello. My friend is going to attending JH this year. He is gonna leave in about a week, woooh freshman!
Anyways so I was wondering if anyone knew places near or in baltimore/maryland places that I could stay for moderately cheap - I might jus tsleep in my car. What are some things to do down here, I just want to have a fun time with my friend down there just mess around doing stuff. I am moving to Ohio around Jan.ish so I might stop by in baltimore on my way to columbus.
im going to be a senior in high school this fall so the application process is about to start for me. i visited hopkins back in february and loved the campus, and i heard a lot of good things about its science programs. i want to apply ED but my brother (he's in med school now, he got accepted to hopkins but went to caltech (CIT) instead) really doesnt want me to go because he thinks ill be too stressed or my whole personality will change because baltimore isnt a safe area. im applying to 11 other colleges (princeton, yale, upenn, duke, stanford, columbia, dartmouth, nw, chicago are a mix of fits and stretches and UMich and UCSD are safeties) so i just want to make sure im making the right choice applying to hopkins ED. i guess my question is are there any regrets? pitfalls? or do you just absolutely love the school?
thanks so much!!!
Buying used books from the JHU (online) bookstore.... yay or nay?
Does anyone know anything about the classes:
"Introduction to Expository Writing" (Kain),
"Shakespeare (Then and Now)" (Halpern),
"19th Century American Literature" (Moon),
"The United States as an Empire" (Kramer),
"Problems in American Social History: The American West" (Walters), or
"Family History in U.S. and Europe" (Ditz)?
Any insight you can offer would be GREATLY appreciated.